Thursday, April 21, 2005

A Fresh Start

It's time to start anew at this blogging thing. It's time to go a step deeper into the pool and share heart issues, in addition to my take on news items and the occasional April Fool's joke.
I'm feeling pulled strongly in at least two directions these days. After the CCDA Institute classes in Dallas last month, I came home totally convicted and pumped up to change my efforts at ministry to the poor. I saw that I had been focusing on "betterment" ministry, not "development" ministry that I really wanted to do. But, after a flurry of discussions and soul-searching, I have slipped right back into the easier, comfortable role of "giver of hand-outs", rather than being the incarnational "minister of hand-ups."
OK, here's my (slightly) public confession and statement of intent to change, again.
LORD, help my unbelief!

No comments: