Monday, June 04, 2007

Am I Worthy?

Last night one of the regular attenders of The Gathering asked me if he was worthy enough to be baptized! Carl is an older gentleman with many physical and emotional issues, but he has taught me much these last few months. As evidenced by this question, his heart is right! I asked him if he believed that Jesus was the Son of God and if he was willing to dedicate his life to following him, and he said, "Yes, more and more every day." I told him it would be my great honor to baptize him at any time he was ready.
He has already come so far, even these last few weeks, but he is very afraid of falling back into the sins and habits of his past. I hope to walk beside him in this journey for many weeks to come!
Later that evening, my core team gathered and wanted to discuss if we should keep up the efforts of The Gathering. When I related to them Carl's comments, we all rejoiced and the question was emphatically answered! HALLELUJAH! The world is watching!

No comments: