Wednesday, June 06, 2007

He's Aggressive!

My dear friend Phillip, who I've written about before here, greeted me Monday night with a serious look and the words, "I've been labeled as "Aggressive" at work!" Knowing that he works at our local grocery, I responded, "And that's a good thing, right?" He then smiled broadly and giggled and told me that he had won the "Aggressive Hospitality" Award and would receive some kind of great prize with it, too. He then got humble, saying that he hadn't really done anything to win it, but I know better than that, as I've seen him in action, eagerly and consistently greeting, carrying, stocking and helping with a huge smile on his face! It is just such an amazing turnaround from the desperately ill man with no funds, no insurance, no food whom I met and befriended just a few years back! We talk about those days and laugh and praise God together now every time we meet! HALLELUJAH!

No comments: