Sunday, July 15, 2007

Each of Us Bears His Own Burdens

Wednesday as I sat listening to a gracious Muslim man describe his view of grace and salvation, I was thinking how familiar some of his statements sounded. The church of my childhood had some very similar views; God's grace only goes so far - you must work hard and pray hard and perform every righteous act and follow every religious rule and then pray for further forgiveness on your death bed in the "hope" that God will grant you mercy and you will spend eternity with him in the "non-smoking section".
Sorry, I left that church behind, and if that is a widespread view of the teachings of Islam, then friends, have we got some good news for you!
GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases!
His mercies never come to an end!
They are new every morning!
Great is thy faithfulness!
The LORD is my portion says my soul!
Therefore I will hope in Him!

No comments: